The Old Corner Cemetery
According to Rev. Henry Hazen?s History of Billerica, the Old Corner Burying Ground, located on Pollard Street just north of the intersection with Boston Road and Floyd Street, was set aside from common land in 1707. John Farmer wrote, ?On the 4 April, 1707, the north burying ground was located. It is five rods on the road, and twenty rods in length.?
There is a marker just inside the gate that states ?Within repose in unknown graves soldiers of the American Revolution.? It is the second oldest cemetery in town and, as such, contains the graves of many of our historically significant figures.
The full catalog, including epitaphs and photographs, are available at the Billerica Public Library or specific inquiries may be made via email to Kathy Meagher.